Posted on October 20, 2012
Dr Dave Walker was a successful anaesthesiologist with a special interest in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). Disillusioned with God after a series of tragedies, he lived for himself and his work; but something was wrong. Though he was seeing people healed physically, their lives were not changed and it all seemed pointless.
This set him on a quest to find a God who does not look on impersonally from a distance, as he thought, but is intimately involved in our lives. After a dramatic encounter, he started praying with his patients. Suddenly things happened beyond what he could have imagined as God intervened in response to prayer.
In the meantime Dave was facing his own personal trials which tested his faith to the limit. Set firstly in a South Africa transitioning into democracy from apartheid and then in the Muslim world of the Middle East, God in the ICU will take you into the drama of critical care medicine, the inner life of a praying, caring physician and above all, the response of a faithful, loving God to the prayers of his people.
Told with transparency, compassion and an honest look at the lessons we can learn from His dealings with us, you will be encouraged to trust a God who is as close as a prayer away.
This book is available:
- from www.Amazon.com as a Kindle or paperback.
- from Goodreads
- from Smashwords
- from Revelation Books (Faithwriters bookstore)
- from Christian Connexion Bookstores nationwide (South Africa).
- from Loot.co.za and Kalahari.com
- from Karmal Bookstore, Bergvliet, Cape Town
- from Wordsworth and The W’rite Shoppe in Longbeach Mall
- from The Bible Centre, Pietermaritzburg
- from me. the cost is R120-00 plus P & P as follows:Please fill in the form to order from me or if you have any comments/queries and I’ll get back to you: